Perfect Scrambled Eggs


I love eggs. I eat them almost every morning for breakfast and they make the perfect meal day or night (hello, late night breakfast burritos!). I have always preferred my eggs poach, soft boil, or over easy so I can dunk my toasted bread into the delicious gooey yokes. While, my scrambled eggs have always left something to be desired and in need of a healthy dose of sriracha. How do restaurant chefs get those creamy, velvety eggs?! The answer my friends, is patience.

Picture compliments of delish.com. 

Here are my tips for perfect scrambled eggs:
  •  Low Heat. Low and slow is the name of the game here.
  • Add Fat. Coconut oil, olive oil, and leftover bacon grease are all great options to keep your eggs creamy and from sticking.
  •  Liquids. Add just a splash of milk or cream to your eggs. More liquid does not equal creamier eggs.
  • Patience. Using a rubber spatula or wooden spoon continuously stir your eggs around in the pan until curds form. Since you are using low heat it will take a little more time than normal but I promise it will be worth it!
  • Soft cheese. When your scrambled eggs are just about done add a tablespoon of soft cheese for every 4 eggs and continue mixing until melted. Any soft cheese will work well, but my favorite to use is an herb goat cheese. 
  • Contrast. Top your eggs with some roughly chopped chives and serve along side an arugula salad for a perfect light lunch or wilt in a handful of spinach for a tasty breakfast scramble.

I hope you are as eggstremely eggcited about making scrambled eggs now as I am! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment