Aloha.


I must once again thank my lucky stars because I’m writing this from the tropical paradise of Hawaii. I’m here for work and I’ve had to pinch myself every morning because coming to Kona for the Ironman World Championships is something I have wanted to do since I got started in the sport. While the work days are long and hot I have loved seeing the Kona sites and feeling the World Championship vibe. I love being around so many other TriGeeks and letting my tri-freak-flag fly. My coworkers think I’m a little crazy because every time we pass a pro I start rattling of their stats and their likely hood of winning the race. #trigeekproblems


The highlights so far this trip have been the numerous trips to Da Poke Shack (pronounced Poke-E), and swimming about a mile of the race course. The swim course is absolutely stunning. The waters are crystal clear and you get to look at lots of little fishies as you swim. With each stoke it became come and more clear what an incredible race it is, and that one day I’m going to have to be on the start line.

The view from Dig Me Beach. 
Da Poke Shack you say? After my first bight of the “Shack Special” I decided I needed to befriend these guys. Da Poke Shack is a small unassuming store font on Ali’i Drive that offers up the best ahi tuna I have ever had. It is caught fresh daily (like I watch the guy cut it off the fish) and there are a handful of different seasonings you can choose from. It’s serviced in a small to-go container with a scoop of ride and choice of side, I’ve been munching on the seaweed salad all week. Its healthy, delicious, filling, and I literally dreamed about it last night. I can’t get enough Poke.

Poke goodness!

0 comments:

Post a Comment