Breakfast Quinoa

We have been hearing it for year. Breakfast is the most important meal of the day. I know many people who will bypass breakfast for a big cup of jo and hold out for lunch. I am not one of those people. I need breakfast. Farm fresh eggs, crispy bacon, creamy hollandaise and a plethora of reasons to eat pastries what’s not to love about breakfast. While I wish I could eat eggs benedict every morning I don’t have the time to be whipping up fresh English muffins and hollandaise every morning. My skinny jeans also thank me.

I have been on the hunt for a quick and easy breakfast that is packed with protein that doesn’t require me to make a mess of the kitchen and can be thrown together as I head out the door to work. So today, I give you breakfast quinoa! The first time I attempted this recipe I wasn’t expecting much. I ended up loving it so much I refined the recipe and made it again for lunch! The quinoa is cooked in almond milk, brown sugar, and a dash of vanilla to give you a slightly sweet, protein packed bowl of goodness. Top it with your favorite seasonal fruit and nuts and you have yourself a delicious and easy to make well-balanced breakfast. I like to make a big batch of quinoa at the beginning of the week so I can throw my breakfast together in under 5 minutes.
The players.


Ingredients:
1 cup quinoa
2 cups almond milk
2 tbsp brown sugar
1 dash vanilla
Seasonal fruit and nuts

Directions: 
Combine quinoa, almond milk, brown sugar, and vanilla into a pot with a lid. Bring to boil and then lower to a simmer. Let simmer for 20-25 minutes, until all the liquid is absorbed. Serve in a bowl and top with your favorite seasonal fruits and nuts (I love bananas, slivered almonds, and a dash of almond milk).


What are your favorite topping for breakfast quinoa? 

0 comments:

Post a Comment